- 100 used tyres are cleaned and inspected.
- Exposed wire casings discarded.
- Baled and tightly bound.
- The tyre bale is compliant with the Industry Standard PAS 108.
Tyre Bale Specification:
- Length: 1.33m
- Height: 0.83m
- Weight: 750kg (±5%)
- Volume: 1.70m3
- Density: 500kg/m3
- Porosity: 62%
- Vertical permeability: 0.1 to 0.2m/s
- Horizontal permeability: 0.02 to 0.04m/s
- 3 year creep: up to 1.1%
- Compression: 5% on 40 tonnes
- Sheer strength: 35° to 36° (inter-bale friction)
- 3.8mm high tensile steel (1500MPa – 1700MPa)
- Zinc hot-dip galvanised.
Tyre Bales are a 100% recycled product.